martedì 29 ottobre 2013

Walking through Venice we see monuments little known

Venice offers the attentive visitor the opportunity to know monuments and churches not reported in the guidebooks but that they are beautiful works of art, here some of them:
La Scala Contarini is beautiful staircase of the palace of the same name, Gothic - Renaissance is a little hidden in a small courtyard in the San Marco district, in the Court of Risi, near the Campo Manin. At the end of the '400 Pietro Contarini adding this element to his palace wall having a winding structure made ​​up of many superimposed loggias, joining the various plans to the air a spiral staircase that winds, in Venetian dialect "volute", within a cylindrical tower arches upward. La Scala Contarini del Bovolo is one of the most unique examples of Venetian architecture in transition from the Gothic to the Renaissance.

The Oratory of the Crociferi is located in Cannaregio 4905 Field of the Jesuits, this ospedaliera building dates back to the twelfth century, also housed pilgrims and crusaders on their way to the Holy Land. He later became a shelter for destitute women and still maintains the function of hospice, he was held by the Crociferi who in the sixteenth century. they did embellish with a beautiful artistic decoration by Jacopo Palma the Younger, who built it between 1583 and 1592. In all the walls are narrated the events related to history of the hospital, which was a legacy of the Doge Renier Zen monks Crociferi, as well as moments of the Christian tradition to which these men were devout. Very nice is the altar of the Madonna with Jesus dead on wood coffered ceiling, we will see a choir of musician angels surrounding the Virgin of the Assumption, titular of the church. You visit by appointment.

The Church of the spinsters or Church of St. Mary of the Presentation is located in Giudecca 32, Foundations of the spinsters and was built between 1581 and 1588. It has beautiful façade with bezel, two small domed towers and a dome bigger, we will find beautiful paintings in the interior of L. Bassano, of J. Palma the Younger, Aliense, P. Ricci, as well sculptures by J. Sansovino and S. M. Morlaiter. The church incorporates the house of the spinsters whose institution was founded in 1561 by Venetian noblewomen to give asylum to young girls who for their beauty, they were forced into prostitution but that they wanted to escape. The church is part of the third pole which Palladio, after S. Giorgio and the Redentore in urban renewal project of the southern basin of S. Marco.

The Church dell'Ospedaletto and Hall of Music is located at 6691 Castle Barbaria de le Tole, the church of Santa Maria dei Derelitti was carried out in 1575 where there was a hospital which upheld the poor, the sick, orphans. The church featured a beautiful façade designed by Baldassarre Longhena and was enriched in the course of the '600 and '700, precious works of art of GB Tiepolo, C. Loth and P. Free. At that time the orphan girls were educated in the field of music by famous masters becoming so famous for the musical tradition, the organ remains as a reminder of Peter Nacchini and the Music Room, the room was painted by Jacopo Guarana and Augustine Mengozzi column. This musical tradition is repeated again today in the many concerts organized dall'IRE.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento